Author Guide Video
Reviewer Guide Video
Editor Guide Video
Guide for Author
- Original papers must be written in English with Arabic abstract and can be sent to the journal website: http://eajbsz.journals.ekb.eg/
- The subject of the paper should pertain to the field of biological sciences, including studies on entomology, an interaction between insects and their environment. These include various anatomical, histological, physiological changes associated with individuals and population. In addition, the journal promotes research on the impact of living organisms, on their environment with emphasis on subjects such as resource depletion, pollution, biodiversity, ecosystem, …etc.
- Information concerning cost will be made available to the author(s) on the submission of papers.
- The copy of each manuscript should be provided. The text should not exceed double-spaced types written or printed A 4 pages and should be on one side only. The original manuscript must be accompanied by a CD containing all the items of the paper.
- All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed, and on the basis of the reviewer‘s comments, the editorial board reserves the right to accept or reject any paper.
- The title of the paper should be as concise as possible and followed by the full name(s) of the author(s), institutional affiliations, the mailing address, as well as any other contact information (e-mail address, fax, telephone) of the corresponding author.
- A running title of not more than 40 characters (including spaces) should be provided for page headings also, keywords provided of not more than 6 words should be provided.
- The manuscript should include Abstract, Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, References and Arabic summary. Acknowledgments and references to grants, if any come directly at the end of the discussion and separated by a clear distance and without heading. Footnotes should be avoided. All statement made and opinions expressed in any article are the responsibility of the author(s).
- Names of genera and species must be underlined or typed in italics followed by the authority when the name is first mentioned in the text. Generic names should be written out when first used in the text, thereafter, they are abbreviated when used with a specific name.
- Units of weight, volume, measure and time are abbreviated when preceded by numerals (eg., ug, mg, g, kg, ml, um, mm, cm, nm, km, sec, min, hr, d ) and the abbreviations have neither a period nor an(s) in the plural.
- Illustration: line drawings should be the clearest possible and should be made with black Indian ink. Sharp photographic reproductions of line drawings are acceptable. Photos should be separate and contain the maximum contrast possible and not exceeds the size of (19× 14 cm). All illustrations will be numbered by Arabic numerals. The legends should type on a separate sheet.
- References should include all works referred to in the manuscript, which should be up to date and alphabetically listed according to the author's surnames. References should take the following forms:
Reference to a journal publication:
Huang, Y.; Lam, S. L. and Ho, S. H. (2000). Bioactivities of essential oil from Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton. to Sitophilus zeamais Motschulsky and Tribolium castaneum (Herbst). Journal of Stored Products Research,36: 107–117.
Bakr R. F.A. and Tanani, M. A. (2018) Toxicity and Physiological Activity of Methoprene, A Juvenile Hormone Analog, Against Development and Metamorphosis of The Grey Flesh Fly, Parasarcophaga argyrostoma (Robineau- Desvoidy) (Diptera: Sarcophagidae). Egyptian Academic Journal of Biological Sciences (A. Entomology), Vol. 11(2) pp: 1- 27
Reference to a book:
Strunk, Jr. W. and White, E.B. (2000). The Elements of Style, fourth ed. Longman, New York.
Reference to a chapter in an edited book:
Mettam, G.R. and Adams, L.B. (2009). How to prepare an electronic version of your article. In: "Introduction to the Electronic Age." Jones, B.S.& Smith, R.Z. (Eds.). E-Publishing Inc., New York, pp. 281–304.
For Egyptian Authors
Authors should pay 1000 Egyptian pounds including online publishing and 10 offprints (for 15 text pages). There are an extra 40 Egyptian pounds for each additional text page and 100 Egyptian pounds for the coloured plate.
For Authors from outside Egypt:
The article costs $ 100 including online publishing and 10 offprints (15 text pages). There are an extra $ 10 for each additional page.
1- After contact with journal editor who will tell you the cost that you can pay by swift to account number 9713, Bank Masr, Ain Shams University branch, Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt.
2- By direct pay to the editorial office of the journal at the Entomology Department, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright, and to retain publishing rights without any restrictions.